Pounds SterlingEurosUS Dollars
office@jbsautodesigns.co.uk01246 455 005
JBS

Go Back   Forums > Technical Questions > Chassis and Handling

Old 10-27-2010, 10:11 AM

Default Seat Cupra K1 - Handling Modifications

My questions are two (maybe even three) fold!

Currently running a Cupra K1 with a REVO stage 1 map and ITG and finding that albeit fun there is little point me trying to move onto stage2 or 2+ without getting use of the power I currently have (much being lost to wheelspin, lift and generally not feeling confident in the corners!).

Car has already had 4 new Vred Sessanta tyres fitting and 4 wheel laser geometry which has helped a bit but still not confident with it

There is a chance I would want to take the car on the odd track day but primely I would like the car set up for 'fast-road', feel planted and get the power to the tarmac rather than lost through wheel spin / lift.

Currently I have sitting in my garage;
1. Whiteline ALK
2. Powerflex front wishbone front inner poly bushes (to compliment WALK)
3. THS Performance FR3 Engine Mount Set (Side engine, Gearbox and engine Torque Mounts in the kit)

to try and counter-act some of the issues

Can JBS confirm, by PM, or on this thread price to fit these items for me.

Also do you have the equipment and would it be required to redo the geometry after fitting these?

Furthermore, although it may sound controversial, at this stage I do not plan to uprate the suspension (coilover, springs or dampers) as I am not convinced the standard suspension is to blame for the poor handling but I'd bow to better knowledge here!

I plan to add ARBs later and it has also been mentioned to me Audi TT control arms would benefit handling.

I would be interested to hear what JBS have done on their track/road cars and if they feel that you can have useable power on these cars without LSD.

Or am I just wasting my money with all these other mods if LSD is the single most beneficial handling mod albeit expensive.

Soz for all the questions but if I am to continue with the modding bug I want to know if it is worth going stage 2/2+ if I can not use the power successfully at stage1!

Thanks is advance for your views
Old 12-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
My questions are two (maybe even three) fold!

Currently running a Cupra K1 with a REVO stage 1 map and ITG and finding that albeit fun there is little point me trying to move onto stage2 or 2+ without getting use of the power I currently have (much being lost to wheelspin, lift and generally not feeling confident in the corners!).

Car has already had 4 new Vred Sessanta tyres fitting and 4 wheel laser geometry which has helped a bit but still not confident with it

There is a chance I would want to take the car on the odd track day but primely I would like the car set up for 'fast-road', feel planted and get the power to the tarmac rather than lost through wheel spin / lift.

Currently I have sitting in my garage;
1. Whiteline ALK
2. Powerflex front wishbone front inner poly bushes (to compliment WALK)
3. THS Performance FR3 Engine Mount Set (Side engine, Gearbox and engine Torque Mounts in the kit)

to try and counter-act some of the issues

Can JBS confirm, by PM, or on this thread price to fit these items for me.

Also do you have the equipment and would it be required to redo the geometry after fitting these?

Furthermore, although it may sound controversial, at this stage I do not plan to uprate the suspension (coilover, springs or dampers) as I am not convinced the standard suspension is to blame for the poor handling but I'd bow to better knowledge here!

I plan to add ARBs later and it has also been mentioned to me Audi TT control arms would benefit handling.

I would be interested to hear what JBS have done on their track/road cars and if they feel that you can have useable power on these cars without LSD.

Or am I just wasting my money with all these other mods if LSD is the single most beneficial handling mod albeit expensive.

Soz for all the questions but if I am to continue with the modding bug I want to know if it is worth going stage 2/2+ if I can not use the power successfully at stage1!

Thanks is advance for your views
Good Morning,

Many thanks for your enquiry with us at JBS.

For the Powerflex front wishbone front bushes and the Whitelines ALK to be fitted you will be looking at 170.38 (inc VAT) which includes the labour and geometery setup.

You will be looking at 88.13 (inc VAT) for the fitting on the THS engine mounts.

Futher to these modifications I would have to recommend using the Eibach anti roll bar kit, as this offers a great boost in confidence when heading into corners, stiffening the rear end up to give the handeling that added tweak they need from standard. I have listed this product on the JBS web pages below:-
http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/prod...kit-front-rear

With the K1 having some tremendous torque once tuned I would have to recommend using a differential when tuning further to ensure that all the power can be transmitted evenly without excessive torque steer causing difficulties when driving.
http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/prod...ed-2wd-not-dsg

Hope this is of some help and should you have any further questions or queries please do not hesitate to give us a call on 01246 455 005.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Seb Hampson
Parts/Sales Advisor.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:01 AM

Default Cupra k1

Find a seat leon cupra k1 in United Kingdom on Gumtree, the #1 site for Used ... LOVELY 2006 SEAT LEON 1.9 TDI FULL CUPRA K1 REPLICA MOT MAY 2016